AVOCADO AND SUN-DRIED TOMATO PESTO PASTA




Recently I have been trying to reintroduce Avocado into my repertoire. If you remember, a couple of months ago I said I had overdosed on the stuff and the very sight of the green scrotum resembling fruit made me sick. Okay, I actually just made myself vomit a little in my mouth with that previous sentence. Not a good start.

author: amrita(Thank You)
source: crazyvegankitchen.com

Ingredients:


  • 8 oz Spaghetti
  • Water to cook Pasta
  • Avocado and Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto:
  • 1/4 cup Cashew Nuts
  • 1/2 an Avocado
  • 1/2 cup loosely packed Basil
  • 1/2 cup chopped Sun-Dried Tomatoes (oil packed, but drained)
  • 1 teaspoon minced Garlic
  • 1 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
  • 2 tablespoons reserved Oil from Sun-Dried Tomatoes
  • 1 tablespoon Water
  • 1 teaspoon Maple Syrup






Instructions:


  1. Cook Spaghetti according to directions on package.
  2. Whilst the Spaghetti is cooking, prepare pesto.
  3. Combine all ingredients for the pesto in a food processor and process until almost smooth. Little bits of unprocessed Cashew is fine, as it adds texture to the sauce.
  4. Once blended, transfer to large mixing bowl.
  5. nexs AVOCADO AND SUN-DRIED TOMATO PESTO PASTA for full instraction